Easy Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Fluffy. Easy. Healthy.
We always have bananas in our house, but we don't always eat them by their "best before" date. Lucky for us, we love bakin' with 'naners. This was an experimental recipe that turned out delicious AF and was a hit with everyone in the house. It was so easy to make, our toddler did most of the work! Seriously...
- 2 c flour
- 3 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 c honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 c melted coconut oil
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 c plain greek yogurt (we used homemade)
- 3/4 c chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (F). Line a 12 cup muffin tin with liners - we have reuseable silicone liners and LOVE them.
2. In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Set aside.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk together honey, brown sugar, eggs, Greek yogurt, vanilla, and mashed bananas until ingredients are fully mixed.
4. Add the dry mixture of ingredients to the wet mixture of ingredients and mix until just combined. Do no over mix.
5. Fold in the melted coconut oil and mix until just combined.
6. Add chocolate chips and mix until just combined.
7. Divide the batter evenly among prepared muffin liners.
8. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes.
We made a double batch and froze half for later, but you can eat them all at once if ya like ;)