Instant Pot Egg Bites Recipe
Ya’ll asked for “MORE MORE MORE” recipes, so you’re gonna get recipes! This week we tried our hand at Instant Pot Egg Bites.
We make egg bakes & bites a lot in the oven, but the process is really inconvenient! Baking in a dish takes 30-45 minutes and we can’t seem to get our shit together early enough to have it ready for breakfast. OR we use muffin tins which results in a permanently egged muffin tin. We’ve also tried using muffin liners, but the eggs stick to the liners - also HATE.
In conclusion, we’re giving the Instant Pot a try with Our very cool new silicone egg bake tray which we found on Amazon here along with a couple other accessories. Confusingly, there are very limited options in Canada for Instant Pot accessories despite being a Canadian brand so we outsourced on this one.
We don’t want to be dramatic, but the silicone mold may have changed our lives. The egg bites fell out with a little poke from the bottom of the mold and were perfectly intact. We got so excited about this functional piece we made 21 egg bites LOL.
We made Veggie Egg Bites, but you can really use anything - bacon, ham, feta, whatever you like!
- 8 large eggs
- 1.5 c egg whites
- 1/3 c milk or milk alternative (We used cashew milk)
- Salt & pepper
- Any veggies, meat, or cheese you like for fillings! (We used spinach, red pepper, mushrooms, and shredded marble cheese)
- Oil to line mold (We used coconut oil)
1. Whisk eggs, egg whites, and milk together in a bowl.
2. Chop veggies or other fillings and mix together in a bowl.
3. Line mold with coconut oil. Add fixings to the silicone mold.
4. Fill mold cups 2/3 full with egg mixture.
5. Sprinkle cheese on top.
6. Places silicone mold on top of the trivet. Lower trivet into the Instant Pot bowl.
7. Pressure Cook on High for 8 minutes. Natural Release 5 minutes. Manually release remaining pressure.
8. POP OUT EGG BITES FROM THE BOTTOM & ENJOY THROWING THE SILICONE MOLD IN THE DISHWASHER.
Tried our recipe? Send us a pic!