Instant Pot Beef Strogonoff Recipe
As many of you may have noticed on our Instagram and Facebook stories, our family is currently obsessed with our new Instant Pot (IP). After much deliberation and some help from a @306FitnessRepair Instagram Fam poll, we excitedly took the plunge into IP land.
Since then, we have been documenting our IP journey on our Instagram & Facebook story. We have got SO MANY recipe requests for one of our latest IP adventures: Beef Strogonoff! So... Drum roll pleeeease....
We modified the recipe from Kate at I Heart Eating (we also heart eating so we might be soul sisters)! We like our Strogonoff a little less Worcestershire-y and a lot more mushroomy (I think those are words)?
Our daughter became a Strogonoff Monster the second she got a taste AND it was super easy and cheap to make. Win, win, win.
As an IP Newbie, the recipe took about 40 minutes, but I think it could be done in 30 with a more experienced IP Chef (would like this status one day)!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp onion powder (or 1 cup onion - Codes isn’t into handling raw onions so they don’t make it into our house very often)
- 6 cloves garlic (we are garlic fiends)
- 8 oz quartered mushrooms
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- salt & pep
- 3 cups beef broth (We used 3 tsp Organic Better Than Bouillon + 3 cups water)
- 12 oz package wide egg noodles
- 1 c sour cream
- 1 tbsp parsley (optional)
1. Select medium SAUTÉ setting on IP. Add ground beef. Cook and stir occasionally until no longer pink. Drain excess fat and return to IP.
2. Add onion powder, garlic, and mushrooms. Sauté 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir in tomato paste, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt & pep.
4. Add beef broth and noodles, gently stir to combine and press down noodles into the broth. It’s okay if a few noodles are sticking out from the liquid base a little bit, but get them worked in there as best as you can.
5. Press CANCEL. Lock on your lid. Turn pressure release valve to SEALING.
6. Press MANUAL button and set cook time to 5 Minutes on HIGH Pressure.
7. Let the pressure release naturally for 5 Mins. AKA, just don’t touch it. After 5 Mins, turn the pressure release to VENTING to release any pressure.
8. Unlock and remove the lid. Stir in sour cream. Add any salt & pep you like. Garnish with parsley.
That’s all, folks! Such an easy to make comfort food. If you have any questions, hit us up in the comments or slide into the DM’s. If your fam loved it, tell us!
From the 306 Fit Fam