Instant Pot Thai Peanut Tofu Curry
As you may have noticed we don't follow recipes very well LOL. When we cook, we usually check out a few recipes, pick a base to work off of to get an idea of appropriate cook times and then go wild from there. How we cook is often dependent on how much time we have (usually not much) and what we've got for groceries (keep it simple).
So while this dish is certainly not groundbreaking in the layering of flavors we kept it simple, quick, cheap and delicious. As well, you could easily substitute chicken or shrimp if you're not into the tofu thang (but please adjust the cook time if so LOL).
Thai Peanut Tofu Curry
- 1 block Firm tofu
- 1 tbsp oil (we used avocado oil but you can use whatever you like)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp siracha (adjust based on spice preference)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 c warm(ish) water
- 1/8 c crushed cashews
- 2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
- 1.5 c coconut milk
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 2 c of Minute Rice
1. Drain tofu package. Take a plate, layer paper towel, then tofu, then paper towel again, and then place a pot or pan on top to remove any excess moisture. Let sit for 15 minutes. Cube tofu.
2. Take 1/4 c warm water and mix with peanut butter well. Mix in soy sauce, siracha, sugar, and salt. Set aside.
3. Place oil in Instant Pot. Hit Saute on Medium. Once hot add garlic and onion powder until fragrant. Add peppers and spinach and cashews. Cook until spinach is wilted.
4. Add curry paste and stir. Add peanut mixture and coconut milk and stir to combine. Add tofu cubes and bring to boil.
5. Add rice and water to an Instant Pot friendly bowl. We rigged up one with a silicone round and a springform pan but you can probably do a lot better than that LOL. OR you can just make your rice on the stove but we were feeling brave and experimental! Place trivet inside Instant Pot, place rice bowl on top.
6. Press Cancel then Pressure Cook on High for 3 minutes. Quick Release. Done!
Tried this super easy recipe? Share it with us!