Lily’s Instant Pot Yogurt
As many already know, we’re a little bit obsessed with our Instant Pot. One of the recipes we make bi-weekly is homemade yogurt. There are 4 main reasons why we’re obsessed with making our own yogurt:
1. IT IS SO EASY - literally an 18 month can do it (See video demonstration below).
2. WE KNOW WHAT’S IN IT! There’s nothing weird added to our yogurt that we can’t pronounce or added sweetener unless we add it ourselves. We usually don’t add sweetener, but for this video we tried condensed milk in our yogurt for the first time!
3. It’s very budget friendly! Making yogurt at home is cheaper than buying yogurt at the store (unless there’s a smokin’ deal on the large tubs of yogurt!).
4. It tastes so much better than store bought yogurt. Once you find your perfect recipe, you’ll have the best yogurt you’ve ever had IN YOUR LIFE and you’ll think store bought yogurt tastes KINDA weird.
Check out this video of our 18 month old’s first attempt at making yogurt in the Instant Pot! Written recipe found below.
- 2 tbsp yogurt (YES I UNDERSTAND THIS SEEMS REDUNDANT LOL - You will need a freshly opened yogurt for your first batch. We used a full fat organic yogurt. After that, I always take and freeze 2 tbsp yogurt from my fresh batch to use for the next batch!)
- 1.5 L Fairlife Ultra Filtered Milk (I use Whole milk or 2%)
- Optional: 1 tbsp vanilla
- Optional: 1/4 c sweetened condensed milk
1. Dump ingredients in and whisk together. Ensure it is thoroughly mixed. I use a regular glass pot lid over the top of the Instant Pot with 2 pieces of paper towel underneath to decrease condensation dripping into yogurt.
2. Hit “Yogurt” button on Instant Pot. Go party for 8 hours.
3. Take pot out and place in refrigerator overnight or for at least 6 hours.
4. All done! I store in a plastic yogurt container. Keeps for 10-14 days.
Have you ever made Instant Pot Yogurt? What’s your special recipe?